what is virtual reality??
Virtual reality (VR) is an interactive computer-generated experience taking place within a simulated environment, that incorporates mainly auditory and visual, but also other types of sensory feedback like haptic. This immersive environment can be similar to the real world or it can be fantastical, creating an experience that is not possible in ordinary physical reality. Augmented reality systems may also be considered a form of VR that layers virtual information over a live camera feed into a headset or through a smartphone or tablet device giving the user the ability to view three-dimensional images.
VR is a fully immersive computer simulated environment that gives the user of being in that environment instead of the real one, hence Virtual Reality.
Now to truly understand how VR works lets first have to know how our brain persives vision, our brain combines the two images from 2 different eyes to make one 3 dimensional model of the environment,VR does the same by giving two images to our brain and fooling it for giving an immersive experience.
Now the cheapest way to experience virtual reality is through a VR headset,these devices allow you to use your mobile phone as display but uses lenses and other sensory feedback to give you an immersive experince.
What are its uses you may ask and let me tell you there are lots of it,from immersive gaming experience to training pilots,in the future there is high chance that companies like Amazon and Flipkart are gonna use this technology to make their services even better,I mean just think if you can virtually try an outfit before buying from amazon,now thats pretty cool right??
Many gaming companies already made their games available in VR
just check out Assasin’s Creed VR experinece here
Now I am not a big fan of gaming but I do see a bright future for VR
A few ideas for Virtual Reality Applications.
- AR/VR based Indoor Navigation for large buildings such as Malls
- AR/VR game based on Indian Culture that would engage Indian audience better.
- AR/VR game based on ground plane detection with auto generated level and complexity
- Bring outdoor games indoor, using Augmented Reality (Example: Football, cricket, golf, hockey)
- AR/VR Game Development using Unit AR RTS/ AR Platformer/ AR Shooter
- Story telling using Unity’s Cinemachine/AR
Haaa,now thats better than gaming,right???
Well for people that does not agree even doctors can be trained with VR nowadays!!!.
Now lets admit Virtual Reality is cool and its the future if you want to get started learning VR/AR there are hundreds of resources out there on the internet.
There are a lot of VR headsets out there ranging from cheap ones to very high quality ones,below is a good quality VR headset from Samsung.
Samsung Gear VR Headset
- Compatible Devices: Galaxy S9, S9+, Note 8, S8, S8+, S7, S7 Edge, Note 5, S6 Edge+, S6, S6 Edge
- Interact more naturally with every experience by using our new VR controller
- See every angle with an impressive wide field of view
- Discover premium content from Warner Bros, CNN and many more
- Enjoy a comfortable fit with an ergonomic design and adjustable head strap
If you like this type of content and want more from us feel free to comment down below.